This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SourceGear Vault Plug In

Topics: User Forum
Jan 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Source Gear has a CruiseControl.Net plug in on their web site that I downloaded and installed. If I use CCNetConfig to create the config file, I have to change the XML after from <sourcecontrol type="vault"> to <sourcecontrol type="vaultplugin">. Then everything with CruiseControl.Net works fine... However, if I open that config file back up, all my source control settings are lost on save. (This is with the latest beta from the 6th.) Is there a way to stop it from deleting that part of the config?

Thanks!
Aaron
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2009 at 3:05 AM
I was not aware that Vault had their own plugin. What are the advantages of their plugin over the one built in to cruisecontrol.net? I will look in to adding support fot their plugin. That is why your source control settings are lost, because ccnetconfig doesn't support their plugin. This is something that will eventually be addressed, where instead of just ignoring the sections, it will notify the user and store them, at least that is the "plan".
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2009 at 3:12 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jan 9, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Their plugin supposedly handles the load to the server better and has better performance. Their plugin and the one built into cruisecontrol.net have virtually the exact same configuration settings. In fact, I used CCNetConfig to set it up, then I just edited the config file by hand and changed vault to vaultplugin and it just worked.
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2009 at 3:24 AM
Edited Jan 10, 2009 at 3:26 AM
I have included support for their plugin. Actually I added support for the Value Source Control and the Fortress Publisher since the are both part of the same plugin package. This should be in the next nightly build, as long as there are no issues with my build server and the codeplex publisher doesn't timeout like it has the last couple nights.

Oh, do you happen to have a link to a page on the sourcegear site, or any site for that matter, that shows an example and what each element property is. The only documentation I could find was in the plugin zip file.
Jan 10, 2009 at 3:26 AM
Awesome! I will snag it Monday and try it first thing. This config tool has saved me TONS of time. Keep up the great work!
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2009 at 3:28 AM
wow, that was a fast response, I just clicked post, then I edited my post to ask you a question and by the time I saved the edit you replied. :)
Jan 10, 2009 at 4:44 AM
I don't think they have any documentation on their web site for that plugin. They don't have a whole lot of documentation on anything except the client app for vault/fortress. Everything else pretty much has it's documentation in the archive with the product.

* I spend too much time on the computer. :)