This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Prebuild section in version 0.3.11.1

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 19, 2007 at 12:57 PM
Hi there...

When I create a prebuild task and save it, it saves it into the publishers section instead of the Prebuild section. (Executable task). When I manually add the Prebuild task into the ccnet.config file, ccnet.net responds correctly to the prebuild task. If I then open the ccnet.config file with ccnetconfig containing the prebuild section, it doesn't show up in the Prebuild view in the tree. If I save the config file with ccnetconfig, it erase the prebuild section in the config file.

Has anyone else seen this, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Alberto
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2007 at 1:50 PM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 9784. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2007 at 12:26 AM
This has been addressed in the latest changeset.
Apr 26, 2007 at 5:34 PM
I downloaded and compiled Build set 21455 and the Prebuild still did not show up. After analysis, I see that the node selection is looking for "preBuild". My config file happened to have "prebuild", because I manually entered the item. When I manually re-edited the file to state "preBuild", everything worked. As a note, the CruiseControl server was able to read the config file either as "preBuild" or "prebuild". Maybe the ele = element.SelectSingleNode("....") calls should not be case sensitive. Just a thought. This is a very useful product for me to edit the config file. Kudos to you!

Alberto
May 14, 2007 at 3:02 PM
Using Changeset 21455:

Project.cs
Line 274
Change XmlElement ele = doc.CreateElement ( "preBuild" );
to
XmlElement ele = doc.CreateElement ( "prebuild" );

Project.cs
Line 410
Change ele = element.SelectSingleNode ( "preBuild" ) as XmlElement;
to